Thursday, August 13, 2009

EXP Con 2009: October 9-11

My first convention outside of Central Florida...I'm so excited!

EXP Con 2009 will be going into its second year and they promise that it will be even better than last year! Though this will be my first time going to it, I've heard good things about this up-and-coming con. Of course, you can count on me to to attend the con and tell you all about it! I'll be helping out by voluteering at this convention, so I'll be able to give you an idea on how everything is from a guest and volunteer point of view.

I'll also be staying at the hotel that is hosting the con, so other than the times that I'm sleeping (ha!) or eating (yum), I'll be at the convention! Currently, the hotel has a deal for the con-goers where the rooms cost only $99/night (it usually costs $145/night). You may be saying, "Yoshiro-san! That's $198 for two nights! I can't drop that kind of money!"...well, this hotel is also allowing everyone to pay AFTER they check out (meaning that if you reserve a spot now, you'll still have plenty of time to save up the money or find a few friends to split the cost with you...which is what I'm doing). To top it all off, for every night that you stay at the hotel, you'll receive a free weekend pass to this years con (i.e. stay two nights, receive two passes when you check-in)! What a deal!

This convention is located in St. Augustine at the St. Johns County Convention Center at the Renaissance Resort at World Golf Village. If you'd like more information, please go to www.expcon.org and while your at it, drop by their forum to find out any info not posted on the main site (VERY useful).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! However, please try to keep your comments relevant and PG-13.